Cheery Churros! (With recipe)

Thursday, March 6, 2014

FINALLY A PROPER POST!

It has been long since I share a recipe with you guys so I decided to do a very simple BUT super duper yummy recipe post hehehe. From the title you all know it's churros la and I'm pretty sure some of you guys don't even know what's churros right ?! Cox actually I didn't know until I got them from USS lol and it's mega yummy lah! It's like a must buy everytime I go to USS but it's so expensive lor, $4.50 for one stick, when are you need is like 3 cheapo ingredients lol.

So if you don't know what is churros, here is it: 


It taste just like donuts actually! 
It's just deep fried dough covered with cinammon sugar/chocolate dip or whatever you like.

This will be the end product if you were to follow this recipe:


Usually if you get churros outside it comes in a longer stick but for mine I just make it around the size of my fingers so it's easier to bite. 

RECIPE:

For the dough: 
500ml water
255g plain flour
1 tsp salt (you can change it to sugar if you want it to be sweet)

For the topping:
1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder
1 tablespoon of sugar
Melted chocolate

Instructions:
1. Add salt to water and bring it to boil.
2. Add in the flour and mix well.
3. Let the dough cool down for 15 minutes.
4. Pipe out the dough using a cookie nozzle. (HARDEST PART BECAUSE THE DOUGH IS SO DAMN STICKY)
5. Deep fry the churros until it turned golden brown.

AND TADA THIS IS WHAT YOU GET:


Apparently there are two kind of churros - Spanish and Mexican but I tried out the spanish one cox it's the easiest to make LOL. Talking about lazy :x BUT WHATEVER LAH !!!! They still taste good :B



For the toppings, mix the cinnamon powder and sugar together to make cinnamon sugar. You can adjust according to your liking! For example if you like it sweeter you can just add in more sugar. 

I also tried coating my churros with chocolate and top it off with some rainbow sprinkles and they look extra pretty!!!!




Aren't they pretty ?! *_____*
Don't you feel that rainbow sprinkles always makes food happier?! hahaha.
Personally I love both of the toppings but I guess most people will like the chocolate one more because it's sweeter! 

One thing about churros is that THEY ARE VERY ADDICTIVE so...


See you guys in the next post! x

Copyright © fanfanfannyfan.blogspot.com
Editted by Fanny | Design by Fearne